The night starts here... forget your name... forget your fear...
You drop a coin... into the sea... and shout out "Please come back to me"...
You name your child... after your fear... and tell them "I have brought you here"...

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Current Favourite Recipe: Osso Bucco


Ok- so I have a bit of an obsession with cooking among other things.
so I'm probably gonna be putting up different recipes and my other obsessions onto this e-diary.
the first contestant seems to be my current favourite dish- Osso Bucco- Taxi style (:

so what you need is *cue drum roll*

Osso Bucco Meat (or gravy meat)
Some flour
1 onion
garlic
1-2 carrots
some mushrooms
1ish cup of dry red wine
2-3 cups beefstock
celery
chilli are good in there too and
some rosemary usually about 4 sprigs

(There is no real set way of making this- I'm constantly adding new ingredients and changing it around, so like you hate mushrooms but love potatoes its not really gonna make much difference in the end aka its still gonna be damn tasty)

Now here's to actually make it:

cut up your meat and roll it enough flour to coat it, then in some oil in a pan brown the little mofos. Remove then from the pan, add a little more oil and brown your onion and garlic till fragrant( I love saying that "brown till fragrant" you sound so...sophisticated)
once fragrant *giggle* pour in your mushies and twirl them round till they turn a different colour; then chuck in your carrots and chilli, then y'know cook em for a bit.

Next comes the liquids, just pour them in, then re-add the meat. ok- almost there guys, tear off the leaves to two sprigs or rosemary and sprinkle them in, then add the other 2 ( or however much you want) whole.

Put the lid on, and put it in the oven at 180C for like 1 1/2 hr to 2 hrs - the meat should be tender by then.
And Voila! you have the tastiest stew- usually I have it with mash or bread- haven't tried it with polenta but I can imagine it to be sweet ( and not as in sugar sweet if you get my drift)

No comments:

Post a Comment