The night starts here... forget your name... forget your fear...
You drop a coin... into the sea... and shout out "Please come back to me"...
You name your child... after your fear... and tell them "I have brought you here"...

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Oh George!


A few months ago I walked past this restaurant, George's Meze, when on the hunt for some ice-cream . Sadly George didn't have any fattening cold cream, HOWEVER it was put on my list of restaurants to go to because, well, hey I love restaurants and I love greek food, and George is a greek restaurant! So when my sister came for Sydney for 10 days to our lovely little town and I forgot to go shopping, guess where we went for dinner (;

We got the Seafood Claypot pictured below:


It was a bit too fishy for me, but not too bad according to the seafood lovers at the table...

Someone else ordered the Moussaka, a bit plain- but very tasty in a simple way, definitely worth trying.

and finally I had the Snapper- Oh my lordy! it was great- fresh and tasty, the aioli on the side was a bit unnecessary, it added to a flavour that I thought was pretty good by itself.

And to finish off the night some good old greek coffee- I admit I probably chose it because it came in that awesome little coffee maker thing that I really need to learn the name of, more so then the taste as it is sweeter and thicker then I usually take it... but it also came with a small, potent hit of turkish delight that cleaned my palate after wards...
AND! if you're there on a thursday night, as we happened to be, expect two fellas to start being awesome with their stringed instruments, sadly I forgot to take pictures of that ):


George's Meze on Urbanspoon

Taxi xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment